From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo-hosted code review
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 13:24:45
1 On 02/11/15 22:08, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > It is tailored to Facebook's workflow. Their workflow does not
3 > coincide with most other people's workflow. It doesn't work for my
4 > company, and I suspect it won't work for Gentoo either.
5
6 Which workflow do you mean? Most features seem optional, allowing people
7 to work as they wish.
8
9 > On the other hand it offers a lot of neat things, so experimenting
10 > with it is good. Thanks for doing this work, Michael. Hopefully it
11 > will lead somewhere.
12 >
13 > As an alternative, that I have been meaning to look at, there's
14 > critic[0]. It might be useful for someone to have a look at it.
15 >
16 > [0] <https://critic-review.org/dashboard>
20 I ran a really quick test and it looks really nice for pre-commit
21 reviews. If we're looking for a "GitHub replacement" however, it seems a
22 bit light on features.