From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:05:03
1 On 11/27/06, paul <paul@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > You can't take workload out of the picture since it's the main issue
3 > here. Stable tree means backport fixes and I don't see this happening as
4 > it can't be automated:
5
6 "Stable tree means backport fixes" is an assumption, not a requirement.
7
8 It's one reason why the word "stable" is a poor choice for any such
9 tree, just as it is a poor choice for the current Portage tree.
10
11 I think the original poster hit the nail on the head. The real
12 barrier preventing a slower-moving tree is cultural.
13
14 Best regards,
15 Stu
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list