From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Topic for Feb council meeting
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:14:55
1 On Mon, 2007-29-01 at 14:01 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Ned Ludd wrote: [Mon Jan 29 2007, 09:50:28AM CST]
3 > > > Then it should be offered to the 8th person, at which point either
4 > > > he/she will then refuse the nomination and it's offered to the 9th.
5 > > > Rinse and repeat.
6 > > > If we run out of nominees then we'll need another election.
7 > > >
8 > >
9 > > Agreed. #3
10 > >
11 > > >From my POV having a new election potentially over and over is a waste
12 > > of time and resources.
13 >
14 > My only qualm with this approach is whether or not we then risk
15 > promoting a candidate who was resoundingly defeated during the actual
16 > election to a Council position because only a handful of people ran for
17 > the position.
18
19 Don't we have a "re-open nominations" item in our electoral process? If
20 so, we can decide to consider only candidates who are above that
21 threshold.
24 Olivier CrĂȘte
25 tester@g.o
26 Gentoo Developer