From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Topic for Feb council meeting
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:06:37
1 Ned Ludd wrote: [Mon Jan 29 2007, 09:50:28AM CST]
2 > > Then it should be offered to the 8th person, at which point either
3 > > he/she will then refuse the nomination and it's offered to the 9th.
4 > > Rinse and repeat.
5 > > If we run out of nominees then we'll need another election.
8 > Agreed. #3
9 >
10 > >From my POV having a new election potentially over and over is a waste
11 > of time and resources.
12
13 My only qualm with this approach is whether or not we then risk
14 promoting a candidate who was resoundingly defeated during the actual
15 election to a Council position because only a handful of people ran for
16 the position.
17
18 -g2boojum-
19 --
20 Grant Goodyear
21 Gentoo Developer
22 g2boojum@g.o
23 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
24 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76