From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-libs/icu
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:31:26
1 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > the understanding of "you're responsible for whatever you commit".
3
4 A load of bull IMO. Is this rooted in some stupid US law thing (via
5 the foundation) or merely in some cowardly individual disconnected
6 from the real world, phrasing stupid blanket rules? Or something else?
7
8 Isn't it outrageous to claim that people who create and
9 contribute to and around Gentoo without being developers
10 are any less responsible for what they do than devs are?
11
12 I have personal experience from several cases of the reverse,
13 but that doesn't make me think that it's the norm for devs to
14 behave irresponsibly.
17 Diego, what you wrote does nothing other than make it seem like you
18 have a personal agenda against Arfrever. If so, that situation is
19 something you must obviously work on resolving elsewhere.
22 I expect that anyone and everyone who contribute to any open source
23 project will do their damndest to contribute only "perfect" work. I
24 know that this is a pipe dream, but it does happen. I think the way
25 to make it happen more often is education, but not everyone is able
26 to educate and so, there is a gap..
27
28 Threats aren't an excellent way to try to close any gap IMO. WTF.
31 //Peter