From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] lua.eclass
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 13:19:50
1 On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 14:54:15 +0700
2 "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name> wrote:
3
4 > Thanks a lot for your review work and critics.
5 >
6 > Just 2 cents as comments about "why the hell is going on":
7 >
8 > > It looks like a terrible masterpiece combination of base.eclass with
9 > python.eclass
10 >
11 > Actually, ruby-ng + python + some of that opera. And all of them was
12 > (actually, still) huge monsters with tons of magic.
13 >
14 > I mean, the eclass (in my point of view, not really counted LOC) is 70% copied
15 > from ruby-ng/python eclasses, 10% "unneded" magic crap and 20% is my own work.
16 >
17 > And main target was to... Just to write less code in the ebuilds and let
18 > eclass do all the magic, like ruby/perl/python/php eclsses does.
19
20 This is a non-goal. Crappy eclasses are not good examples, and you can
21 easily see a trend of improvement, with eclasses doing less completely
22 unrelated things.
23
24 It's better to have more code in ebuild than to have everyone else
25 waste precious time on figuring out why some ebuilds magically have X
26 and some others don't.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny
31 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>