From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tone in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:21:41
Paweł Hajdan, Jr. posted on Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:39:18 +0200 as excerpted:

> We need leadership. I remember very well when the leader of one of the > Gentoo projects I participate in reminded me to always say "thanks" to > people who are helping us on Bugzilla. A small thing, but wasn't he > right?
=:^) Thanks for that encouraging word... to somebody. Perhaps said leader might be named? While not publicly naming names on the negative side is arguably a good thing, isn't publicly crediting people by name for positives like this, when the opportunity arises, part of the solution, not the problem? (Unless there's a specific reason not to, in this case. A simple "Thanks to that unnamed person" statement would then indicate that the name was deliberately withheld, while keeping it positive. IMO, of course.) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman