From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Through the looking glass: Reflections on Gentoo
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 21:39:00
1 Ivan Sakhalin kirjoitti:
2 > - Reduce the rules so that things can be done without a week of
3 > discussion for every small idea
4
5 I have yet to see people refuse written code that has no technical
6 problems so instead of talking about how to implement stuff, go out
7 there and write it instead.
10 > - how many retire because of political reasons?
13 Not that many I think. There was a time when a couple of people seemed
14 to leave because of "political" reasons.
15
16 > - how many are recruited?
17
18 I have been doing most recruits lately. There has always been a steady
19 flow of good people wanting to become devs so that is not a problem. The
20 biggest problem is having enough people interested in guiding new people
21 and making sure they have good enough skills.
24 > It is here that I must interject with another problem - some groups
25 > complain
26 > that they are understaffed, but reject candidates just because; some groups
27 > obviously can't manage on their own but deceive themselves into believing
28 > they are doing fine and refuse any help. Some groups are not doing what
29 > their
30 > group should be and attack people that try to do what they refuse to do.
31
32 Any examples here?
33
34 Regards,