From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: OT - "Good skills" (WAS: Re: [gentoo-dev] Through the looking glass: Reflections on Gentoo)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 22:56:06
1 > I have been doing most recruits lately. There has always been a steady
2 > flow of good people wanting to become devs so that is not a problem. The
3 > biggest problem is having enough people interested in guiding new people
4 > and making sure they have good enough skills.
5
6 I would like to help with coding/debugging packages for Gentoo. I have
7 some programming experience on a very small scale. I have an Associates
8 of Computer Science from a small community college, and I've never had a
9 job working for a software company. You spode of "good enough skills";
10 I don't think I have good enough skills to help with Gentoo, but I'd
11 like to. Where should I start?
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list