From: Luke Ravitch <luke@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why not vi?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:54:38
1 On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 07:32:16PM -0500, Scott J Garner wrote:
2 > I second the motion to include vi. All these
3 > years spent learning to use it only to be forced
4 > to use nano breaks my heart with each gentoo
5 > install.
6
7 I vote for vi as well. And, as is mentioned later in this thread, nvi
8 works quite well without dependency issues. And since both apps are
9 so small (and the boot ISOs are tiny anyway), both vi and nano could
10 be included, pleasing nearly everyone.
13 Luke