From: Scott J Garner <mrfab@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why not vi?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:29:56
1 I second the motion to include vi. All these
2 years spent learning to use it only to be forced
3 to use nano breaks my heart with each gentoo
4 install.
5
6 On Fri 24 May 2002 at 19:24 -0500,
7 Bjarke S?rensen wrote:
8
9 > On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 08:10:17PM -0400, Eric Moncrieff wrote:
10 >
11 > > my new vi very much, but still...For all this long time, we've been
12 > > able to count on vi as the quick, omnipresent editor. But not for
13 > > Gentoo.
14 > > Why not?
15 >
16 > Beats me, never heard a good answer to that.
17 >
18 > Btw, this should go in the FAQ. If there is a good answer that is.
19 >
20 > If the reason if that everyone can use nano, then leave nano on the
21 > installer as well. It's ohh so small anyways.
22 >
23 > --
24 > | Bjarke S?rensen / 9000.WASD
25 > |
26 > | There are 10 types of people in this world:
27 > | Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
29 > gentoo-dev mailing list
30 > gentoo-dev@g.o