From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC : New ebuild function pkg_create for creating corespondent sorce tarball
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:19:37
1 Alin Năstac wrote:
2 > Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> I'm not sure how many special cases/option would be necessary for such
4 >> script, like exclude dir, one tar per dir and so on.
7 > The process of creating the tarball is quite specific to the package in
8 > question, therefore you cannot make an universal function that does that.
9 > See the app-mobilephone/bitpim maketarball() and you'll see.
12 My idea is to have your overlay with live ebuilds and a tool to make a
13 release out of it.
14
15 All the messy stuff remains in pkg_setup/src_unpack all you need to do
16 then is to iterate the workdir and make tarballs of what you find there.
17
18 Sounds good enough?
19
20 lu