From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC : New ebuild function pkg_create for creating corespondent sorce tarball
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:51:45
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > My idea is to have your overlay with live ebuilds and a tool to make a
3 > release out of it.
4 >
5 > All the messy stuff remains in pkg_setup/src_unpack all you need to do
6 > then is to iterate the workdir and make tarballs of what you find there.
7 >
8 > Sounds good enough?
9 >
10 Basically you propose to have a src_whatever function that will work as
11 a substitute for src_unpack() in case you don't find the tarball on
12 mirrors, isn't it?
13 That could work too, but what if, depending on some useflag, I need to
14 patch the source tree? Because the new function must be capable to
15 replace src_unpack, you will have to add a command like "use foo &&
16 epatch ..." at the end of the new function. If foo useflag is enabled on
17 your system, the external tool that build the tarball will create it
18 based on a wrongly patched source tree.