From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC : New ebuild function pkg_create for creating corespondent sorce tarball
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:18:56
1 Alin Năstac wrote:
2 > Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> My idea is to have your overlay with live ebuilds and a tool to make a
4 >> release out of it.
5 >>
6 >> All the messy stuff remains in pkg_setup/src_unpack all you need to do
7 >> then is to iterate the workdir and make tarballs of what you find there.
8 >>
9 >> Sounds good enough?
10 >>
11 > Basically you propose to have a src_whatever function that will work as
12 > a substitute for src_unpack() in case you don't find the tarball on
13 > mirrors, isn't it?
14
15 More or less a tool that runs the steps till src_unpack included and
16 then repacks what it finds in workdir.
17
18 > That could work too, but what if, depending on some useflag, I need to
19 > patch the source tree? Because the new function must be capable to
20 > replace src_unpack, you will have to add a command like "use foo &&
21 > epatch ..." at the end of the new function. If foo useflag is enabled on
22 > your system, the external tool that build the tarball will create it
23 > based on a wrongly patched source tree.
24
25 Well much depends on what is the seed ebuild.
26
27 I make the assumption we have 2 kind of ebuilds
28
29 live ebuilds that we use to produce tarballs and normal ebuilds that use
30 those tarballs.
31
32 it is a little more complex than your propose but keeps things separated.
33
34 lu
39 Luca Barbato
40