From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for April 23
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:21:59
1 On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 05:58:53PM +0200, Peter Alfredsen wrote:
2 > On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:17:15 -0700
3 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even vote
6 > > on, let us know! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole Gentoo dev
7 > > list to see.
8 >
9 > Up or down vote on USE="static-libs". It seems it wasn't actually voted
10 > on last time it was brought up. We now have EAPI=2 use-deps and I just
11 > committed dev-util/lafilefixer for the .la file problems. I see no more
12 > obstacles for getting this adopted.
13 >
14 > /loki_val
15
16 Why are we trying to get rid of static libraries again? I have not seen
17 any compelling reason to remove libraries that may be useful to our
18 users. Perhaps I've missed some discussion(in which case, I'd love to
19 read it), but this seems like an unnecessary complexity.
20 --
22 Thomas Anderson
23 Gentoo Developer
25 Areas of responsibility:
26 AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council