From: Allix Primus <linuxboy18@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Security Vulnerabilities related to a Windows Environment?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 13:01:51
1 I'm not quite sure if this is the correct venue to ask this question but
2 here goes.
3
4 I've been using Gentoo for a few months as our office's linux distribution
5 to perform various security audits.
6
7 While reading through page 17 of the 28 page Gentoo Linux Security Guide, I
8 noticed a lot of information pertaining to patching numerous holes in the
9 operating system through /proc. These vulnerabilities range from source
10 routed packets, to ICP redirect acceptance. After searching through quite a
11 few google pages, I didn't find any Windows specific content on these
12 topics.
13
14 Are these security vulnerabilities only restricted to linux or can these be
15 changed on Windows systems as well?
16
17 Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.
18
19 Thanks,
20
21 Al
22
23 linuxboy18@×××.com
24
26 Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
27 http://www.hotmail.com