From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:08:37
Paweł Hajdan, Jr. posted on Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:04:03 +0200 as excerpted:

>>> gobject-introspection ?
>> exceedingly verbose
> "introspection" is similarly too general.
gobj-bindings ? Bindings is a common enough term in use flag descriptions, etc, that users should at least have an idea what it means. Introspection? Not so much. Or perhaps dyn-bindings ? As a kde user without gnome merged, however, I'd prefer gobj-bindings, tho, as it's a better memory prompt to what it's related to, and that I'll likely want it off. It should work similarly for gnome users who'll likely want it on. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman