From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: communication policies (was [gentoo-server] backups/mirroring with rsync)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 13:39:09
1 On Monday 01 November 2004 03:07 am, Anthony Gorecki wrote:
2 > I believe you missed the point of my message (intentionally); if the forums
3 > and development mailing lists are open to non-developers and are suitably
4 > moderated for inappropriate posts, it doesn't seem entirely sensible (or
5 > logical) to me that the development chat room is publically muted.
6
7 you missed the biggest reason it's muted:
8 users come from #gentoo and start asking questions in #gentoo-dev which have
9 no place in #gentoo-devv ... kicking a user for that looks BAD and asking
10 them to leave looks bad too
11
12 it's to keep noise down, that's all ... join #gentoo and look at the amount of
13 noise in there :P
14
15 getting voice in the channel is a no brainer, just ASK someone who you see
16 active
17 -mike
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list