From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Drop EAPI=0 requirement for system packages.
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:52:02
1 On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 19:21:52 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3
4 [...]
5
6 > What I am trying to say is that, if we agree latest eapi is
7 > technically better, we need to try to get it used when possible (I
8 > mean, when, for example, eclasses are ported) for a "QA" reasoning.
9
10 i think we all agree that there are improvements in newer eapis.
11
12 what about filling bugs, preferably with patches, when such
13 improvements are really needed ? like what was done for nuking
14 built_with_use.
15
16 arguing to death if 'should use latest eapi' should become 'must use
17 latest eapi' will never get things done :)