From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Manifest2 hashes, take n+1-th
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 21:00:49
1 W dniu czw, 19.10.2017 o godzinie 21∶08 +0200, użytkownik Michał Górny
2 napisał:
3 >
4 > 4. The new hashes that are stronger and commonly available are
5 > SHA3/Keccak (using sponges) and BLAKE2 (HAIFA). Both are diverse from
6 > our current algorithms, so either is a good candidate. The choice of
7 > Keccak is purely arbitrary (because it's the winner?).
10 Actually, a small correction here: we support more implementations
11 of SHA3 than BLAKE2, so the first one is less problematic for us.
14 Best regards,
15 Michał Górny