From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ASM resources?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:53:41
1 On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 05:51:43AM +0900, Chris White wrote:
2 > sparc asm
3 > ppc asm (JoseX already gave me a nice one and eklipse gave me one too,
4 > any more would be great)
5 > amd64 asm (anything extended beyond the usual x86 instruction sets)
6 >
7 > Also, if anyone knows a nice info page/website for gcc inline assembly
8 > that would be good too :). Thanks ahead of time for anyone here that
9 > has some 2 cents to throw in. I'm hoping to use this to better rev up
10 > some skills and get on those hard to touch media-video/anything asm bugs
11 > (You gotta love those :).
12 If you find anything on how to write ASM code that works properly with
13 -fPIC, please tell me! I've got a MySQL bug hung up on that point, and I
14 haven't succeeded in finding out how to do such a thing.
15
16 For GCC Inline ASM,
17 I recommend:
18 http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-ia.html
19 http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/doc/brennan/brennan_att_inline_djgpp.html
20
21 To round out your collection:
22 - For MIPS assembler - find the book: 'See MIPS Run' by Dominic Sweetman
23 - For ARM assembler - visit this webpage:
24 http://www.arm.com/documentation/cd_request.html
25 Fill it out, and wait a few weeks for a free CD with all the docs
26 you'll ever need.
27
28 I'd be interested in the results of your research into various variants
29 of assembly as well, if you'd care to post up a summary once you've got
30 them all together.
33 Robin Hugh Johnson
34 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
35 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
36 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
37 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85