From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI) [2]
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:31:03
1 On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 16:50 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:45:06 +0000
3 > Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
4 > > > Alright, so where would you stick EAPI such that all the
5 > > > requirements that've previously been described are met?
6 > >
7 > > I neither know, nor care.
8 > >
9 > > I just feel very strongly that the current proposal is wrong, and no
10 > > requirements that you or others may have can possibly outweigh that.
11 >
12 > So you have no technical objections, no alternatives, no understanding
13 > of why it's necessary and no actual reason to call it 'wrong'.
14
15 Hard to have technical objections to the contents of a string :)
16
17 Actual reasons were stated in the first email I posted in this thread to
18 which to replied.
19
20 I care not for alternatives, nor understanding as it's not my domain of
21 expertise or knowledge.
22
23 But I can smell a blatant hack that is just wrong to the bone like a lot
24 of other people here.
25
26 Just because you have a the only "solution" to a problem does not make
27 it "right" by default.
28
29 Thanks
30