From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-x86/eclass: udev.eclass
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:28:23
1 On 30/10/12 23:16, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 30-10-2012 15:47:51 -0500, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> On 30-10-2012 19:08:39 +0000, Samuli Suominen wrote:
5 >>>> Added: udev.eclass
6 >>>> Log:
7 >>>> New eclass to determine udevdir from udev.pc pkg-config file as requested by many people, without ML review due to unproductive feedback
8 >>>
9 >>> Uhm...
10 >>> Please, stop doing this!
11 >>
12 >> Stop the bike shedding. Provide real constructive improvements. I'm
13 >> not copying and pasting the same hunk of code in a bunch of ebuilds.
14 >
15 > We just have policies. It is a bad habit to believe one is not affected
16 > by them.
17 >
18 > Samuli just introduced an eclass for which he had to make at least two
19 > commits now right after its introduction to fix issues, and still it has
20 > incorrect code, that should be fixed. (So far he just ignored the issue.)
21
22 One of the commits was before anything was said to ML (the EAPI change),
23 the comment was later but the commenter didn't notice it just got fixed
24 minutes before that.
25
26 I didn't ignore anything, but pointed this thread and the comments to
27 mgorny since the exact same EPREFIX code is in systemd.eclass too. If
28 you think this is incorrect, I would expect prefix@ maintainers to
29 provide a patch to correct it.
30
31 And as I already pointed out, i'll be reusing the internal function
32 later on in the ebuild just like systemd.eclass does, like for example,
33 $(udev_do_rules_d) function.
34
35 We discussed also the conversion from echo to printf and saw it unnecessary.
36
37 So exactly what is (your) problem with the current eclass now?