From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-x86/eclass: udev.eclass
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:05:57
1 On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 23:22:01 +0200
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3 [...]
4 > One of the commits was before anything was said to ML (the EAPI
5 > change), the comment was later but the commenter didn't notice it
6 > just got fixed minutes before that.
7 >
8 > I didn't ignore anything, but pointed this thread and the comments to
9 > mgorny since the exact same EPREFIX code is in systemd.eclass too. If
10 > you think this is incorrect, I would expect prefix@ maintainers to
11 > provide a patch to correct it.
12
13 That's why a review is usually useful...
14
15 > And as I already pointed out, i'll be reusing the internal function
16 > later on in the ebuild just like systemd.eclass does, like for
17 > example, $(udev_do_rules_d) function.
18
19 Please show the code. As of now, the internal function is only
20 obfuscating a bit the code. This is obviously another order of
21 magnitude in terms of complexity but I do not want to have pyth... err
22 udev-ng, udev-ng-r1, udev-r1 eclasses :)
23
24 > We discussed also the conversion from echo to printf and saw it
25 > unnecessary.
26
27 Who is we? And why? I believe the -n to echo is not useful, so better
28 drop it entirely instead of wrongly making people believe not having a
29 newline matters.