From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-x86/eclass: udev.eclass
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:25:23
1 On 31/10/12 17:04, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 23:22:01 +0200
3 > Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
4 > [...]
5 >> One of the commits was before anything was said to ML (the EAPI
6 >> change), the comment was later but the commenter didn't notice it
7 >> just got fixed minutes before that.
8 >>
9 >> I didn't ignore anything, but pointed this thread and the comments to
10 >> mgorny since the exact same EPREFIX code is in systemd.eclass too. If
11 >> you think this is incorrect, I would expect prefix@ maintainers to
12 >> provide a patch to correct it.
13 >
14 > That's why a review is usually useful...
15 >
16 >> And as I already pointed out, i'll be reusing the internal function
17 >> later on in the ebuild just like systemd.eclass does, like for
18 >> example, $(udev_do_rules_d) function.
19 >
20 > Please show the code. As of now, the internal function is only
21 > obfuscating a bit the code. This is obviously another order of
22 > magnitude in terms of complexity but I do not want to have pyth... err
23 > udev-ng, udev-ng-r1, udev-r1 eclasses :)
24 >
25 >> We discussed also the conversion from echo to printf and saw it
26 >> unnecessary.
27 >
28 > Who is we? And why? I believe the -n to echo is not useful, so better
29 > drop it entirely instead of wrongly making people believe not having a
30 > newline matters.
33 Was talking with the systemd/systemd.eclass maintainer in IRC.
34 The -n was dropped as a conclusion of the discussion from both eclasses.