From: Marco Maggesi <maggesi@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: My first ebuild: GNU Hello
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:39:21
1 On 2003-11-19, James Harlow <james@××××××××××××××.nu> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:39:34PM +0000, Marco Maggesi wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I am looking for someone to review my first attempt at writing an
6 >> ebuild. Please look at:
7 >>
8 >> http://www.math.unifi.it/~maggesi/portage/app-misc/hello/
9 >
10 > Not related to the contents of the ebuild, but it'd be nice if you told
11 > your webserver that .ebuild files were text/plain.
12
13 I do not know how to do that (roxen webserver), I will ask the system
14 administrator. Meanwhile it is possible to use an alternate address
15
16 http://www2.math.unifi.it/~maggesi/portage/app-misc/hello/
17
18 (that is "www2" instead of "www") that should handle .ebuild files as
19 text/plain.
22 > I'd suggest adding autoconf and automake to the DEPENDS.
23
24 I added autoconf, automake as you suggested. But I do not understand
25 exactly why this is necessary. They should not be needed to build from
26 the tarball. Can you explain more?
29 > The HOMEPAGE should probably be
30 > http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/hello.html.
31