From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ATTENTION! Broken builds ahead
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:59:45
1 begin quote
2 On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 00:34:36 +0100
3 foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
4
5 > On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 00:06, Spider wrote:
6 > > My super-secret plan is this:
7 > <super-secret plan>
8 > > Ain't It much better? ;)
9 >
10 > No, it's the same idea the other way around. As mentioned earlier : in
11 > most cases it was meant as a transition flag. Transition done ? Make
12 > the stable and maintained UI default. One gtk flag to own them all.
13
14 Yeah, I know. It was meant as sarcasm. But in fact, making "gtk2" the
15 default is the first step in deprecating the flag completely.
16
17 After this we can see how many gtk2 interfaces get bugs , and then
18 change those over and start to work on local flags where they are
19 necessary.
22 //Spider
26 begin .signature
27 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
29 end