From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 1.x and GNOME 1.x dependent package masking
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:58:46
1 Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
2 > We (gnome) are not going to maintain gtk+-1. We would very much prefer
3 > it get removed. If some other person or group wants to maintain it, I
4 > guess it's fine with me; it will only cause Jakub and company headaches
5 > for re-assigning all the bugs that mistakenly get assigned to gnome.
6 >
7 > Note that maintaining it basically means being upstream, as there is no
8 > upstream for it.
9 >
10 I have at least one package depending on it.
11 Feel free to make me the maintainer of the gtk+-1.