From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 1.x and GNOME 1.x dependent package masking
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:06:13
1 Alin Nastac wrote:
2 > Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
3 >> We (gnome) are not going to maintain gtk+-1. We would very much prefer
4 >> it get removed. If some other person or group wants to maintain it, I
5 >> guess it's fine with me; it will only cause Jakub and company headaches
6 >> for re-assigning all the bugs that mistakenly get assigned to gnome.
7 >>
8 >> Note that maintaining it basically means being upstream, as there is no
9 >> upstream for it.
10 >>
11 > I have at least one package depending on it.
12 > Feel free to make me the maintainer of the gtk+-1.
13
14 I will join you with that and whatever gnome-1 packages I need for
15 gtk-canvas (appears to be gnome-libs, bonobo, gnome-print, oaf,
16 gdk-pixbuf). I hope to look into porting gtk-canvas to not require
17 gnome-libs so I then only require gtk-1, but I'm not overly optimistic
18 on that.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie