From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2013-01-08
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 19:25:41
1 Am Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012, 20:03:49 schrieben Sie:
2 > > The idea would be *for the transition period*: have an additional
3 > > directory
4 > > base5, which contains eapi=5, the stable mask files and nothing else.
5 > >
6 > > After the transition period, these files are merged into the main profile
7 > > directory, the base5 directory is removed from inheritance and deleted.
8 > >
9 > > During the transition period, an old installation using deprecated 10.0
10 > > profile will "not see the stable mask files", which means the additional
11 > > useflag restrictions are just not enforced. Repoman will check against
12 > > non-
13 > > deprecated profiles, which means it uses the 13.0 path.
14 >
15 > Well, I guess it's acceptable. I think it's fine assuming that stable
16 > users don't enable flags relevant to packages not being stable.
17
18 OK then unless someone brings up valid points against this, let's suggest for
19 the upcoming meeting that Council decides
20
21 * whether to implement solution a) as discussed in preceeding e-mails
22 * and if yes, how long the waiting time between deprecation of 10.0 and
23 removal of 10.0 shall be.
24
25 [Alternative name for the eapi-5 directory: eapi5-base instead of base5 ?]
28 Andreas K. Huettel
29 Gentoo Linux developer
30 dilfridge@g.o
31 http://www.akhuettel.de/