From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Policy for bugs because of use flags
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:00:25
1 On Thursday 11 November 2004 05:49 pm, Jörg Schaible wrote:
2 > please let me know, since when do we have a bug policy for "standard
3 > accepted safe use flags"? I don't expect any developer to test a variety of
4 > different use flags, but what if a user reports, that a package is
5 > seriously broken because of a use flag? In former times a critical flag was
6 > just filtered out in the ebuild, but why is such a thing fix now rejected ?
7
8 why not be a little more specific with a Bug #
9
10 but yes, if a package fails to build due to some combination of USE flags,
11 generally it's a bug
12
13 but not always :P
14 for example, the games team provides 'noaudio' 'nojoystick' and 'novideo' USE
15 flags ... if you enable them, build libsdl, and then some package fails to
16 build, we close it as WONTFIX:YOUR_PROBLEM
17 -mike
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list