From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Policy for bugs because of use flags
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:49:57
1 Hi folks,
2
3 please let me know, since when do we have a bug policy for "standard
4 accepted safe use flags"? I don't expect any developer to test a variety of
5 different use flags, but what if a user reports, that a package is
6 seriously broken because of a use flag? In former times a critical flag was
7 just filtered out in the ebuild, but why is such a thing fix now rejected ?
8
9 Note, using Gentoo with an own set of flags is one of the benefits for
10 Gentoo. Otherwise you can stick with prebuild distros and avoid hours of
11 compiling.
12
13 - Jörg
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list