From: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Virtual: virtual/wine
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 01:33:40
1 On 03/27/2017 08:55 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, NP-Hardass wrote:
3 >
4 >> This is part of the usual for discussing new virtuals before
5 >> addition. I'm reaching the final stages of prep for migrating from
6 >> app-emulation/wine to several packages, one for each major patchset
7 >> that we support. This will enable us to get releases out quicker.
8 >> In addition, with the new packaging, we'll be supporting slotting,
9 >> so users can choose to support specific apps with specific wine
10 >> versions or patchsets simultaneously. More specifics on that to come
11 >> in an email about a news item.
12 >
13 > The empty HOMEPAGE, SRC_URI, LICENSE, and DEPEND assignments should be
14 > omitted.
15 >
16 > Ulrich
19 Updated on the wine-a-holics overlay where we are testing it all out.
20 Thanks.
23 NP-Hardass