From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Virtual: virtual/wine
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 00:56:15
1 >>>>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, NP-Hardass wrote:
2
3 > This is part of the usual for discussing new virtuals before
4 > addition. I'm reaching the final stages of prep for migrating from
5 > app-emulation/wine to several packages, one for each major patchset
6 > that we support. This will enable us to get releases out quicker.
7 > In addition, with the new packaging, we'll be supporting slotting,
8 > so users can choose to support specific apps with specific wine
9 > versions or patchsets simultaneously. More specifics on that to come
10 > in an email about a news item.
11
12 The empty HOMEPAGE, SRC_URI, LICENSE, and DEPEND assignments should be
13 omitted.
14
15 Ulrich