From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stabilisation procedure
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 13:47:48
1 On 18/11/16 00:26, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > Strictly speaking GLEP 40 forbids it still, although some arch teams
3 > have made announcements to approve it, see e.g [1,2]. I wouldn't be
4 > surprised if one of the results of the stable WG is an updated GLEP 40
5 > that (new GLEP replacing existing) that allows for MAINTAINER
6 > self-stabilization. Personally I don't like "any developer may perform"
7 > part of it. The maintainer is responsible, and should at least ack
8 > stabilization at all before anything is stabilized (for arch-team
9 > stabilization as well), and consequently individual stabilizations by
10 > developers, either the maintainer itself or someone with applicable
11 > hardware.
12
13 Isn't it implied that any stabilisation is approved by the maintainer?
14 Has it ever been acceptable to go around stabilising random packages?