From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GCC 4.3 pre-stabilization
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 13:31:01
1 Hi,
2
3 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>:
4
5 > In anticipation of getting GCC 4.3 stabilized sometime, I'd like to
6 > ask maintainers check if their current stable packages build with
7 > 4.3, and if not please stabilize a version that does in the near
8 > future if at all possible. Stabilizing this version is going to be a
9 > huge job due to the number of packages that don't compile due to
10 > implicit C++ standard library header dependencies that got cleaned up
11 > in 4.3.[i], so anything you could do ahead of time to save our sanity
12 > would be greatly appreciated.
13
14 Is there a bug that is blocked by such stabilisation requests? We had
15 such a thing on the GCC 4 transition (apart from the normal porting
16 tracker) and was really handy. I will rebuild three x86 systems (one
17 totally stable, two mostly) to check.
18
19 V-Li
22 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
23 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
24
25 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>