From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [POLICY] Keywording/Stabilizing Bug Assignment Policy
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:39:23
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 14:56 -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >
4 >> I would like to take this time to note and re-affirm the proper bug
5 >> assignment policy and have it noted somewhere officially in Gentoo Policy.
6 >>
7 >> Bugs that are created for the purpose of getting arches to keyword or
8 >> stabilize a particular package should initially be assigned to the
9 >> herd/maintainer of said package with all requested arches being CCed.
10 >> Once all but the last arch has keyworded said package, it is acceptable
11 >> and proper for a bug wrangler and/or maintainer/herd to re-assign the
12 >> bug to the last remaining arch and they remove that arch from CC. They
13 >> should add their herd/maintainer to the CC of the bug.
14 >>
15 >> Once the last remaining arch has completed the bug, it is up to them to
16 >> close it. They know it's up to them to close it since the bug is
17 >> assigned directly to them.
18 >>
19 >> This helps keep bugzilla tidy and makes it easy to identify
20 >> stabilization/keywording requests which are a priority for that arch to
21 >> take care of.
25 > This is in direct conflict with the security bug policy handling which
26 > end up putting the maintainer on the CC: along with the arches.
27 >
28 > Also please don't cross post.
29 >
30 > -solar
34 Then can we officially say this is at the discretion of the maintainer
35 of said package then?
36
37 I'd just like this to be official noted as who can make this decision
38 and who can not and what is the recommended handling. To avoid conflicts
39 in the future.
40 --
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list