From: Nick <niczak@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Big Mistake...
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 18:04:00
1 Let me start off by saying this is a prime example of why you should NOT
2 install a linux system when you are in a big hurry.. I ended up
3 entering an incorrect path for both my /dev/boot & /dev/root in my fstab
4 (they should be /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda3 respectively) but I somehow
5 didn't even both to change them from the defaults set by the gentoo
6 installer so they are left as /dev/BOOT and /dev/ROOT. Now when I boot
7 up I am stuck in a readonly filesys and if I attempt to correct it by
8 using different mount commands I get errors due to the incorrect fstab
9 entries. Is there anyway to correct this? I sure hope so, this looks to
10 be a great distribution. Thanks for your time!
11
12 - Nick
13 niczak@××××××××.com