From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Big Mistake...
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 19:12:32
1 On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 01:03, Nick wrote:
2 > Let me start off by saying this is a prime example of why you should NOT
3 > install a linux system when you are in a big hurry.. I ended up
4 > entering an incorrect path for both my /dev/boot & /dev/root in my fstab
5 > (they should be /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda3 respectively) but I somehow
6 > didn't even both to change them from the defaults set by the gentoo
7 > installer so they are left as /dev/BOOT and /dev/ROOT. Now when I boot
8 > up I am stuck in a readonly filesys and if I attempt to correct it by
9 > using different mount commands I get errors due to the incorrect fstab
10 > entries. Is there anyway to correct this? I sure hope so, this looks to
11 > be a great distribution. Thanks for your time!
14 try this:
15
16 # mount -t ext3 -o remount,rw /dev/hda3 /
19 Replace ext3 with whatever filesystem you use.
20 Hopefully / will be mounted read/write now.
21
22 > - Nick
23 > niczak@××××××××.com
27 Martin Schlemmer
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
29 Cape Town, South Africa