From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] src_configure
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:19:35
1 Sven Wegener wrote: [Wed Jul 06 2005, 08:04:04PM EDT]
2 > I'm writing this mail to bring you a thought we had over on freenode
3 > in the #gentoo-portage channel. We would like to split up
4 > src_compile. The new src_configure should just do the econf part and
5 > src_compile should do the emake part. This represents the general
6 > 3-step[1] installation in a much better way.
7
8 This would be great in that it would be possible to do:
9
10 ebuild blah.ebuild configure
11
12 then change to the directory and work on it. But the other side of
13 the coin is that you're talking about a LOT of ebuild changes, right?
14
15 Regards,
16 Aron
19 Aron Griffis