From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Step on my toes, please.
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:31:01
1 Sorry I had to lighten things up a bit
2
3 On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:53:54 PM EST Andrew Savchenko wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 11:15:07 +0100 Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
7 > > Hey guys,
8 > >
9 > > Every other day on IRC, I see people arguing about touching each
10 > > others packages, despite our policies against it.
11 >
12 > We don't have policies against it, we do have the policy regulating
13 > it. See section "Touching other developers ebuilds" in the
14 > devmanual:
15 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-maintenance/index.html
16
17 What about policies for "Developers touching other Developers..." :)
18 Or staff members.
19
20 I was touched at LWE a few times back in the day. Think there is even photo
21 evidence of such. I guess I should have filed some complaints. Not sure if my
22 toes got stepped on, but I am pretty short, better chance of being run over.
23
24 Rather not get into any discussions on if touching was wanted or liked.... :)
27 William L. Thomson Jr.