From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Simon Watson <simon@×××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug 32378
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:57:46
1 On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 15:32, Simon Watson wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have been trying to get the redhat-artwork ebuild updated for sometime. I
5 > have fixed the current ebuild in portage to work with the latest one. However
6 > I'm having difficulty getting this finished off. I have tried contacting the
7 > person the bug is assigned to and have had no reply, or comment on the bug
8 > for 6 days.
9 >
10 > What do I need to do to get some progress on this?
11
12 I would suggest the hardest solution of all... have patience.
13
14 Most of us, if not all of us, have other obligations in life which
15 sometimes take precidence over Gentoo-related things. I would wait
16 another week or two and see what happens. You could find out that the
17 maintainer adds your ebuild tomorrow, or next week, but some patience is
18 always the first course of action. If after a couple weeks of
19 non-movement, then and only then would I try contacting the developer
20 directly. Remember that we have jobs and families, too. :]
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Developer, Gentoo Linux
25 Games Team
26