From: Simon Watson <simon@×××××××.uk>
To: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Cc: Simon Watson <simon@×××××××.uk>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug 32378
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:15:07
1 On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:59:57PM -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 >
3 > I would suggest the hardest solution of all... have patience.
4 >
5 > Most of us, if not all of us, have other obligations in life which
6 > sometimes take precidence over Gentoo-related things. I would wait
7 > another week or two and see what happens. You could find out that the
8 > maintainer adds your ebuild tomorrow, or next week, but some patience is
9 > always the first course of action. If after a couple weeks of
10 > non-movement, then and only then would I try contacting the developer
11 > directly. Remember that we have jobs and families, too. :]
14 I understand this completely, I would have just appreciated a tiny bit
15 of feedback, even if it is just to say its busy and will get sorted out.
16 Apologies if this sounded rude, I'm quite new to this whole thing, and
17 probably have little idea as to how busy developers could be.
20 Simon Watson <simon@×××××××.uk>
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list