From: Anthoine Bourgeois <anthoine.bourgeois@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Michal Januszewski <spock@g.o>, tommy@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:47:17
1 2011/6/12 Michal Januszewski <spock@g.o>
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I have a number of packages in which I have lost interest and which I
6 > no longer want to maintain:
7 >
8 > app-admin/hddtemp
9 > app-misc/linux-logo
10 > dev-util/oprofile
11 > net-libs/libtlen
12 > sci-mathematics/gimps
13 > sci-mathematics/xmds
14 > sci-misc/vitables
15 > sys-apps/fakechroot
16 > sys-apps/fakeroot-ng
17 > sys-apps/memtest86+
18 > www-client/elinks
19 > x11-misc/xfractint
20 >
21 > All the packages require relatively low maintenance and currently have
22 > no open bugs (with the exception on memtest86+ and bug #339691).
23 >
24 > I will reassign them to maintainer-needed in about a week.  If you
25 > want to take them, please just add yourself to metadata.xml directly.
26
27 Hi,
28
29 I'd like to help on some packages above.
30 I use fakeroot and fakechroot daily and memtest are very
31 useful to me.
32 I'm not a gentoo developer but I play with ebuild on my overlay since
33 few month : http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=user/aluco.git;a=summary
34 I think my main contribution in my overlay is the phoronix-test-suite.
35 I'd like to go forward and I wish to help the sunrise projet (if those
36 packages fall on the overlay). I'd like to make sure if my ebuilds follow
37 gentoo's standards and collaborate closer to the developers.
38 I'm not sure I'm aware of all gentoo's procedures, do you think
39 all of this will be faisable and am I on the right way?
40
41 Thanks,
42 Anthoine
45 > Thanks,