From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some ideas on how to reduce territoriality
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 20:10:19
1 Steev Klimaszewski kirjoitti:
2 > Vlastimil Babka wrote:
3 >
4 >> dodoc calls should have || die and USE=doc should be tested before
5 >> commiting a bump, IMHO
8 > Sorry, I didn't realize my 3 hour compile of $APPLICATION should die
9 > because TODO wasn't around. Vote against || die - it doesn't affect
10 > anything aside from misc docs not being installed, if its really that
11 > important, most people hit the website anyway. (But yes, they should be
12 > corrected and tested before committing)
15 And is the average ebuild 3 hours and haven't you heard about FEATURES
16 noauto? The || die is there for maintainers to spot when version
17 bumping. If you commit a version that's broken with missing TODO and ||
18 die you should think about if you are doing everything right...
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri