From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Chromium in Gentoo project looking for developers
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:52:38
1 On 08/16/2010 07:58 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > If you are a Gentoo developer and are using www-client/chromium, please
3 > consider joining the "Chromium in Gentoo" project:
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/chromium/index.xml
6 >
7 > You don't need to modify or bump packages to join. In fact, I'm rather
8 > looking for good testers. We have some bugs to confirm, workarounds and
9 > fixes to verify, etc. All bug links are at the project page.
10 >
11 > My plan is to make our Chromium packages even better. I'm working on
12 > solid chromium-bin package now (built on Gentoo), and on separating v8
13 > to its own package. All this work takes time and effort, so I'm looking
14 > for more people to help.
15
16 Mongodb would enjoy a _LOT_ that part.
17
18 > Hopefully in the near future www-client/chromium will use even more
19 > system libraries (I'm working on icu and sqlite). This will require even
20 > more testing on Gentoo side, because using system libraries is a
21 > scenario that upstream's QA _never_ tests.
22
23 I see...
24
25 lu