From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:32:02
1 On 11/29/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > > What are the arrangements should you go under a bus on the way home
3 > > from work tonight?
4 >
5 > You'd like that, wouldn't you?
6
7 That was _completely_ uncalled for.
8
9 "go under a bus" is just a phrase that's commonly used here in the UK
10 (because our major public transport infrastructure consists of buses
11 and trains) when talking about business continuity of key personnel.
12
13 Our liabilities under the GPL are ultimately the Foundation's
14 responsibility. It's perfectly reasonable to want to know understand
15 how we'd meet that liability if something did happen to you.
16
17 > Well, since you asked, the distfiles are stored on Release Engineering's
18 > server, under /release/2006.1/distfiles, which is accessible to anyone
19 > in Release Engineering, as well as the OSL and Infra.
20
21 Thank you. Do we have backups in place covering these files? Have we
22 tested the backups to confirm that they actually work?
23
24 Best regards,
25 Stu
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list