From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise -- Proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:36:52
1 On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:37:15 +0200
2 Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Okay, so after figuring out open problems (thanks to kloeri and
5 > various other people for help here), we now have a resolution that
6 > should satisfy all involved parties here. This should adress
7 > dostrow's demands as well.
8 >
9 > 1) m-w / m-n requirement
10 >
11 > Only ebuilds that are reported to bugzie (valid bug#) and set to
12 > maintainer-wanted are allowed here as well as maintainer-needed ones.
13 >
14 > maintainer-needed are only allowed if they're removed from the tree
15 > and moved over to sunrise (and thus end up as maintainer-wanted
16 > again).
17
18 > 5) commit access to the overlay
19 >
20 > We implement two levels of commit rights:
21 >
22 > 1. As there are people out there who just want to maintain one app for
23 > start, the ebuild should reach a level that project devs are fine with
24 > it, then the user is given permission to commit on that single app. An
25 > automated check makes sure that he doesn't commit anywhere else. If
26 > violations arise, the access is revoked immediately.
27 >
28 > 2. People who contribute good ebuilds over a certain period of time
29 > are allowed upon decision by project devs to actively help
30 > maintaining the project. They'll be given commit rights for the
31 > project then. Same frome above applies here: If we notice any abuse,
32 > we revoke access immediately.
33
34 One more rule I'd like to see (should be obvious, but better to write
35 it down):
36
37 People who commit to a certain project/ebuild have to be on the CC
38 list of the relevant bug report(s) and any important commits should be
39 documented on the bugs (including the revision of/link to the commit).
40
41 Marius
46 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
47 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.