From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] no more time for SynCE
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:34:37
1 On 04/11/2011 03:01 AM, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Since I posted about looking for help[1] I'm sad to say I've barely
5 > touched SynCE. Family commitments have changed, and I'm studying again
6 > for the degree I started 10 years ago!
7 >
8 > I'm therefore asking to be removed as the proxy for Synce. Hopefully
9 > this means it won't die in Gentoo :)
10 >
11 > Massive thanks to everyone who helped with my bad ebuild programming and
12 > testing along the way - volker, mescalinum, ssuominen, the SynCE team
13 > and everyone else.
14 >
15 > The original testing overlay remains here[2] for anyone who wants to
16 > take it over, just contact the SynCE dev team.
17 >
18 > If there are any questions please cc me directly as I may not be on the
19 > -dev list much more.
20 >
21 > [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/69230
22 > [2] https://synce.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/synce/dist/gentoo
23 >
24 > many thanks!
25
26 np
27
28 We should have all of SynCE in Portage again, except for the GNOME bits
29 like synce-trayicon (hardcoded depend on sys-apps/hal) and the KDE bits
30 (haven't even looked).
31
32 Just by pulling synce-sync-engine as well as synce-connector the deps
33 should get pulled in -> No need for a meta package.
34
35 The overlay was, when I last checked entirely uncompatible with the
36 packages in tree as well as has confusing amount of deprecated ebuilds.
37 I would love if someone could wipe it clean so people stop accidentally
38 shooting themself in the foot with it.
39
40 I'll add the synce-trayicon to tree soon as upstream produces a HAL-free
41 version of it...
42
43 And it's up the KDE team to add the KDE bits if they want.