From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure, Will it ever end?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:35:57
1 That's what most of the responces have pointed out - Gentoo's currrent
2 philosophy is to give us all choice to run what we need or desire.
3 Unfortunately some people felt we should not have that choice and wanted to
4 dump any package that did not meet their approval as free, open, whatever out
5 of portage and anyone who wants those packages had to go find them himself.
6 Not real tolerant. Gentoo's setup is fine for all and tolerates each side -
7 why change it?